Tuesday, September 1, 2009

If You Knew Me Well, You Would Know That...

If you knew me well, you would know that:

1. I love cats. I could have 100, if the vet bills weren't so darn high. (I have 7.)

2. My favorite candy is peanut M & M's, but I cannot eat them anymore due to pre-diabetes.

3. My favorite colors are pink, blue, and chocolate brown.

4. My favorite drinks are unsweetened iced tea, chardonnay, and gin and tonic.

5. My favorite flowers are pink carnations.

6. I have been married since 1982. I was 22 when I got married.

7. I graduated Magna Cum Laude from Towson University in 1982 with degrees in English Literature and Secondary Education.

8. I taught high school English, grades 9 thru 12 for 8 years. I did graduate work in teaching reading. I was a literacy volunteer for many years.

9. My favorite food is spaghetti.

10. I absolutely adore my brother. He is an angel on earth; I am sure of it.

11. I love yard sales and thrift shops.

12. I collect Longaberger baskets.

13. I have been knitting since I was 8 years old. My dad taught me. Knitting keeps me sane.

14. I had a close relationship with my dad, not my mom. Our relationship is hard and sad.

15. I love poetry. My favorite poet is Sylvia Plath.

16. Some of my poetry was published when I was in college.

17. My great-grandmother taught in a one-room school house. I come from a long line of teachers.

18. I can speak German, sort of.

19. I love to play board games and cards. Monopoly and Scrabble are my favorites.

20. I am afraid of lightning and thunderstorms. I hate the rain.

21. My favorite seasons are fall and winter. I do not like summer.

22. I am a terrible housekeeper. Cleaning makes me grumpy.

23. I love my kids more than life itself.

24. I wanted to be a vet when I was growing up. I also wanted to be an author.

25. I don't really like dogs.

26. I miscarried my first pregnancy, and I still grieve that child.

27. I love kids, kids of all ages--especially toddlers and teenagers. (Really, they are almost the same!!)

28. I love to cook.

29. My favorite singer is James Taylor. I credit his music with getting me through a tough growing up. I also like Elton John, Billy Joel, John Denver, and Carly Simon.

30. My favorite yarns to knit with are: anything soft! handdyed yarns are great, sock yarn, alpaca, some cottons

31. My favorite things to knit are small projects-scarves, socks, mittens, hats, purses...Did I say socks??????????!!!!

32. I cannot stand people who lie to me.

33. I do not like seafood.

34. I don't think I have ever felt "pretty".

35. I need at least 8 to 9 hours of sleep a night, or I cannot function.

36. I worry about mental illness.

37. I cry at my son's performances. Every one. I also cry at weddings and when I see new babies.

38. I worry for my oldest son, that he will be self-sufficient and able to care for himself.

39. I love Italian food.

40. I think the most important quality in a person is compassion.

41. I hate to exercise.

42. I am often messy, and I like that better than being neat.

42. I don't like homes that look like furniture stores-like nobody lives there.

43. I love Christmas.

44. I love giving gifts. It makes me happy.

45. I wish I had my own arts and crafts studio.

46. I need a lot of quiet time.

47. When I don't hear from my friends, I get very sad.

48. I worry about getting old.

49. My favorite thing to wear is blue jeans. I would wear denim all the time, if I could.

50. I hope I get to be a grandma who gets to spoil her grandkids like crazy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can relate to so many of these. I enjoyed getting to know you.