Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Great Day

Today was a wonderful day. I woke up early, and after son John went to work, son Dan and I had breakfast at the Towson Diner. That is something we never get to do, because Dan is not an early riser. The reason he had no trouble getting up today was the fact that we were going to the Sugarloaf Craft Festival together. We have done that together every year, twice a year, since he was just a little guy. We both enjoy just taking in the gorgeous art. We are always amazed by what we see, by the fact that human hands can create such beauty.

After 2 and a half hours there, I came home to a humongous package from Jana, Puggerhugger on Ravelry. She sent me the most amazing goodies. I love it all. I cannot believe that she did all of that for me. I am so blessed by her friendship.

DSCN0243

You know, it is funny. I love to give gifts. I always have. I guess, according to Gary Chapman's amazing book, The 5 Love Languages, I show love by giving gifts to those around me. I am not usually the one who receives gifts. So,when several of my friends gave me birthday gifts this year, I was just floored. Their friendship is gift enough. The fact that they went above and beyond that has moved me to tears, especially when I imagine the sacrifices that several of them made to give me things. I hope they all know that even though I give gifts, I expect nothing in return. I love them just because they are precious to me.

Then,I did some shopping for my swap partner, _____. That was great fun for me. I got some amazing bargains, and I am having a good time putting this box together. (Sock Monkey still needs another leg, 2 arms, and a tail...)

The day continued to be wonderful when I got to talk to some friends and had a nice dinner at home with John,Dan,and John. I'll knit awhile and then head into bed.

I couldn't have asked for a better day.

No comments: