Monday, January 11, 2010

11 Days In...

Well, I am 11 days into the new year, and so far, I have met my new year's resolution goals. I have walked in and out of LYSes and have not bought anything. I have felt and admired, and I have walked away, thinking about all of the yarns that I have at home that are languishing. I have 3 pairs of socks on the needles and will finish those before starting more. Deep breath. One day at a time. The money saved will help to build a nest egg for Dan's college tuition.

The New Year has brought some answers about my health issues, thank goodness. I feel lucky to have such good health care. Hopefully, with a few medicine changes, and a lot of time, things will change for the better. Fingers crossed.

I have begun teaching beginning knitting classes, and I am enjoying it. The students are reminding me why I always loved teaching. There is nothing quite like the feeling of sending someone off with new skills that will enrich and enhance their lives. Another plus...no papers to grade! (Former English teacher remembering the hours of grading every night...)

I hope to continue to look at the positive and avoid the negative, and that includes the negative people in my life. They sap the life right out of me.

Just found out that my man, JT, is playing at Verizon Center in June. Tickets, perhaps?? I'll know in a few days. Hopefully, they will not be sold out in the first 5 minutes like the last time. I haven't seen him live for a few years now, and I definitely miss that. This sounds like a good one...the Troubador Concert with Carole King. Wow, that takes me back.

Here's to feeling better!

No comments: