Sunday, February 1, 2009

I Have a Problem!

I spent all day yesterday cleaning, starting with--rediscovering what is beneath the rubble of a teenager's floor. OMG! The things we found! I discovered that son #2 loves to take things apart and not put them back together again--just likes to figure out how they work. When I became judgmental, he cleared his throat and pointed to MY room!! Point taken.

Yarn everywhere. Crochet hooks, felted wool pieces, darning needles, Rubbermaid bins of every possible size and shape, strewn, yes--strewn about the entirety of my room. So, while he was sorting and raking up his mess, I spent hours organizing mine.

You know? I think I have enough yarn for the rest of my life. I think I have enough yarn for the rest of two or three people's lives. I sorted cottons from ribbons, wools from blends, and made a special area for the fanciest stuff. I have an entire chest of Rowan (who knew there was that much?), and a whole bag of Be Sweet and ArtYarns, another of alpaca and of Cascade 220. Noro? Yep--a whole bag. I even have one entire bag of Crystal Palace Fizz yarn; now why, and what am I gonna do with that??? (By "bag" I mean the big plastic whomping bags that comforters come in...) 3 bags of wool sweaters to be felted and created into handbags. I found things I don't even remember buying. Oh boy. No wonder I don't list much of my stash on Ravelry. Way too embarassing.

I confessed. To my children and to my hubby. I confessed that I am a yarn/string! addict and that I have a problem. They all laughed at me.

I have a problem. Today there is a Super Bowl sale at my LYS. Help!

I am going. :D

1 comment:

puggerhugger said...

Sounds to me like you had a great day rolling around in your stash, girlfriend! :)
I've decided to open a new company called "stash storage". You just mail me whatever you can't fit into um, a grocery bag, and I'll just hang onto it for you. Uh huh.