Friday, February 6, 2009

Kitty News

Happy one year anniversary, Abby and Max! It was one year ago yesterday that Abby and Max came to live here with us. I got them by accident. I had Charlie to the vet and saw the two of them in the adoption cage. Abby threw both paws forward and put one on either side of my face. I took them out of their cage, and I was a goner. They had been dumped months before at my vet's office. Their former owner requested that they be euthanized, put them on the ground, and kicked them. She abandoned them because they had scratched her pit bull's nose! I can't thank my vet enough for taking them in, caring for them, doing their spay/neuter surgeries, and vaccinating them. They came home with me the next day, and they are just the sweetest little beings. Abby is my constant companion. She cries when I leave her, and is never more than a few feet away from me when I am home. She is my bed buddy every night. Max is a quiet cuddler. He is quite the entertainer when he plays. He can amuse himself for the longest time in his play cubes. I am so glad they are mine.

Sylvester is recovering from a mouth issue--some swelling and irritation caused by allergies, probably. He has endured his medicines well this week, and he is trying hard not to hold the pill giving against me too much. He has a recheck on Monday. What a gentle and loving little fellow.

The others seem fine for now. I cannot believe how lucky I am to have them all. I love them so much, and in many ways, their love has rescued me!

No comments: