Sunday, December 21, 2008

What A Day!

What a day I had yesterday. It is one I will not forget; that is for sure! I woke up painful, and very impatient that my recovery isn't as speedy as I want it to be. Then the mail came!

John brought in a package--a total surprise from Rebecca, knitsandspins on Ravelry. I opened it up, and the box was filled with the most beautifully wrapped Christmas presents! I started opening them, and then I started to cry. Gifts are so meaningful to me--any gifts--but these were amazing. Office supplies (one of my favorite things!), cat treats, a beautiful photo album, folding scissors with their own handmade pouch, three different kinds of yarn--including her own handspun, and a pair of hand-knitted socks. I've never had a pair. I think I cried for over an hour. Even my husband got teary. I just cannot believe that anyone would be so kind. I feel so blessed to have received such thoughtful, generous gifts. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful friend.

Then, we went to my brother's for dinner and gift exchange. It was so nice to see everyone, and watching the little ones open their gifts was the best possible medicine.

When I got home, I was exhausted, but happy. I thought about the blessings of the day and cried some more. It finally feels like Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think about you every day and your entry today made me smile. I'm glad you had a wonderful day. Thank God for friends!

marysk said...

Thanks, Kym! I feel so blessed to have such nice friends. The fact that you are thinking about me in my recovery makes me happy. :-)